font-family: 'Vibur', cursive; From Chunky Me to Sugar Free: why in the HECK is your blog covered with cupcakes???? Not Healthy!!!

My Countdown!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter



Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

why in the HECK is your blog covered with cupcakes???? Not Healthy!!!





Ok ok...I get it!!! You are all wondering..Is this broad CRAZY???  How in the world is she gonna blog every day - and look at pictures of cakes and cupcakes - and stick to a healthy eating plan??? SMH....seriously!!

Well, here's the deal....I am CERTIFIABLY crazy...I'm pretty sure that ONE of my children made me that way....BUT...I AM a Pastry Punk!!!  I am a cake decorator extraordinaire. My Mother, rest her soul, put me in the kitchen with a piping bag at the tender age of 6...and I've been doing it ever since.  I have a special love for cupcakes...not sure what it is...something about such yummy goodness all wrapped up in a tiny package that fits in the palm of your hand.  Maybe I dont feel so guilty eating a cupcake since it is smaller than a whole slice of  cake drowning in buttercream??

I have baked and decorated cakes, cupcakes, cookie bokays - you name it - mainly for friends and family, since in Texas, UNTIL TOMORROW, it is illegal to sell baked goods from a home kitchen.  Thanks to the wonderful folks who have been fighting diligently for the last several years, the Texas Cottage Food Law goes into effect tomorrow - so I CAN now advertise and sell my yummies from home!! If you would like to know more about the Texas Cottage Food Law - visit this link http://www.texascottagefoodlaw.com/ - it has loads of  information and it will help you become an expert on the subject!!!

I am in the process of opening my business, you can take a peek at http://www.sugarbritcheshouston.com/. Please forgive me - the website is a work in progress - but I hope to have it fully operational within the next week! Have a browse around and like us on facebook pretty please! We can use all the positive feedback we can get!

Reader's digest version - Baking/Decorating is my passion....it's what I think about when I wake up in the morning and before I close my eyes at night....AND no....the cupcakes and cakes on the blog do NOT entice me to eat =)

No comments:

Post a Comment